Wednesday, November 6, 2013

NOTD: Revlon Parfumerie & Finger Paints

I think it's obvious that I'm obsessed with nail polish. My newest obsession?
Revlon's new Parfumerie line. I have a ton of colors from this line and I'm somewhat
 ashamed to admit it...okay, not really! Here's a quick little NOTD and review for you guys.





















Apricot Nectar is a gorgeous corally orange, bright, somewhat pastel and truly opaque-- with three coats! I've tried Autumn Spice and adore the color, finish and opacity. This cream finish is beautiful however, it does apply a bit streaky despite the thick consistency.

I decided to try Apricot Nectar without a base or top coat, basically naked! It dried pretty quickly and after 3 days there's no chipping but, of course, there is some wear on the tips. I'm sure wear time could be extended by at least 2 days with a good top coat (I love Out The Door).

What about the scent? That's what you really want to know. I've heard some people complain the scent isn't strong or doesn't last. I can't smell it a mile away but I can smell it when my hand is near my nose and it lasts about 2-3 days (Autumn Spice lasted 5 days!). According to my husband, Apricot Nectar smells like Skittles.

 

Finger Paints Hue Left Me A Message? is the most beautiful rose gold glitter I own, not that I have a billion but I do have a few. It's by far my favorite. Very easy to apply, the glitter goes on evenly in one coat but two coats is perfection.

The base is a clear polish that isn't thick and goopy like most glitter polishes. And there's an abundance of super fine glitter that sparkles but isn't obnoxious and chunky. Some glitters come off tacky and loud. This is classy and sophisticated.

And over Apricot Nectar? Don't get me started. Be still my heart. This is my first Finger Paints polish but I already know it won't be my last!
All in all, I love these polishes alone but especially paired together. I wish Apricot Nectar 
was easier to apply and less streak but the color and scent are awesome. I have no complaints
when it comes to Hue Left Me A Message? Gorge, just gorge. Of course I'm going to tell
you to run and get it!!!

XoXo,
 A



Instagram


No comments:

Post a Comment